A. First we need to delete the old partitions that remain on the USB key.
- Open a terminal and type sudo su
- Type fdisk -l and note your USB drive letter.
- Type fdisk /dev/sdx (replacing x with your drive letter)
- Type d to proceed to delete a partition
- Type 1 to select the 1st partition and press enter
- Type d to proceed to delete another partition (fdisk should automatically select the second partition)
B. Next we need to create the new partition.
- Type n to make a new partition
- Type p to make this partition primary and press enter
- Type 1 to make this the first partition and then press enter
- Press enter to accept the default first cylinder
- Press enter again to accept the default last cylinder
- Type w to write the new partition information to the USB key
- Type umount /dev/sdx1 (replacing x with your drive letter)
C. The last step is to create the fat filesystem.
- Type mkfs.vfat -F 32 /dev/sdx1 (replacing x with your USB key drive letter)
That's it, you should now have a restored USB key with a single fat 32 partition that can be read from any computer.
Для того чтобы сделать загрузочную флешку нужно использовать стандартную утилиту Startup Disk Creator.